You know you are hooked on Family History and:-
JUST CAN'T QUIT
- when you check into an hotel, you first pull out the phone book and look for family names... and then take it to the reception to get a photocopy for your files.
- you try to use the remote control to down scroll the TV screen.
- you've traced every one of your ancestral lines back to Adam and Eve, have it fully documented, and still don't want to quit.
- people start leaving the room as soon as you say "My great-great......."
- the first place you look in a book is the INDEX.
- you take a break long enough to go to the doctor, then you tell them you were born in 1843.
- you hide the phone bill from your spouse.
- you continually complain that you have a need for names, dates and places.
- you're up till 3 in the morning, reading message boards, that have nothing to do with your family.
- your goal is to find 10 dead people a day!
- you can't give up looking for a gggrandfather born in 1824 (who you know is dead) because you think he might be waiting for you to find him.
- you can't wait to get the next thousand names compiled into the GEDCOM.
- the doctor tells you that you have to go into ancestry detox / rehab or lose you eyesight, hearing and the use of your hands from too much reading, writing, driving and phone calls.