You know you are hooked on Family History when:-
- dead people seem more interesting than live ones.
- you feel like an egg, looking for the chicken that laid you.
- you have a blank expression, sometimes deaf to spouse and children.
- you have a strange, faraway look in your eyes when your children enter the computer room.
- you've hit a brick wall so many times with the same ancestor, you refer to him as "Slippery Sam".
- the only dancing you do is the "Snoopy" dance when you find your most wanted ancestor.
- you have hemorrhoid surgery and 3 days later you are sitting on a cushion in front of the computer looking at Ancestry for 12 hours a day.
- you grab the new calendar each year and enter the family reunion dates in first followed by possible dates to visit the out-of-state archives where most of your ancestors are listed.
- you are car sick and vomiting in a bag in the back seat of a car when someone says something that triggers a thought and you raise your head out of the bag long enough to say "Nancy Lewellen married Alfred Burgan in Manchester".
Visit LFHHS Chorley Virtual Branch at